This interior wayfinding signage project is underway and being performed by the Perth Graphics Installations team.
- Project type: Interior wayfinding signage and statutory sign installation services
- Location: North Perth
- Estimated completion: February 3 2019
- Hours: Approximately 200
- Client: On behalf of Signcraft for The Student Housing Company
What is interior wayfinding signage?
Interior wayfinding signage is installed in buildings to stop people from getting lost. The signage should successfully assist people in getting from point A to point B and to help with moving human traffic in the right direction. It can also assist with minimising congestion and preventing unnecessary foot traffic.
Interior wayfinding signage must be easily seen on either side of a thoroughfare as people navigate their way around a building. You can typically find interior wayfinding signage in environments such as:
- Large corporate buildings
- Educational institutions such as universities, colleges, high schools, primary schools and museums
- Medical facilities including hospitals and various other clinics or health practices
- Recreational facilities such as sports stadiums
- Transport terminals such as airports, train stations and bus stations
- Retail outlets such as shopping centres
Some of these facilities will also make use of exterior wayfinding signage, such as botanical gardens.
In this instance, students use the interior wayfinding signage in order to get around their newly built accommodation.
What is statutory signage?
Any signage that is mandated by the BCA (Building Code of Australia). Classic examples are emergency and safety signs. In recreational, retail, residential and commercial buildings, you will notice:
- Fire and emergency services signs
- Danger signs
- Restroom signage
- Male, female, unisex, parental rooms
- Braille signage to cater for the visually impaired
Perth Graphics Installations comply with BCA standards by installing the signage at correct viewing and access heights. The signage is usually provided to our team and uses colours of high contrast, once again complying to BCA standards.
We also encourage our clients to design interior wayfinding signage that is accessible and viewable by all people.
If you’re based in the Eastern States and in need of sign installation services here in Perth, contact us today on 0410 110 029.
View this post on Instagram
This interior wayfinding signage project is underway and being performed by our expert team • We are proud to assist @signcraftptyltd with their client @thestudenthousingcompanyaus. Our expert team has enjoyed installing the wayfinding and statutory signage at The Boulevard – an amazing new student accommodation in Stirling Street • Click the link in our profile for more information • • • • • #signinstallation #interior #signs #installation #services #project #wayfinding #dontgetlost #building #buildings #compliance #safety #firesafety #student #accommodation #study #accessibility #contrast #vinyl #graphics #adhesive #adhesivevinyl #vinylprint #professional #perth #businesstobusiness #perthsmallbusiness #perthbusiness